Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is overhearing the same as eavesdropping?

I was eating dinner at a restaurant this evening by myself (something that is completely normal here in Toronto, so don't feel bad for me) reading a fabulous book: The Time Traveler's Wife. They are making a movie out of it apparently, and they did most of the filming in Toronto, including Keele Station, which I go through everyday on my way to school.

I put down my book when my food came, and couldn't help but overhear the conversation at the table next to me. I couldn't help but overhear them for two reasons: 1. They were loud; 2. They were the only other people in the room. Regardless, I heard the most amazing sentence.

"Yeah, he is such a soulja boy. Really though. What a Maverick."

Does that even make any sense? I stifled a laugh at how those two very different words somehow got mashed together in describing one person. Whoever it is, I bet they are awesome.

No comments: