Friday, March 26, 2010

Tell me the story of your life


Last night, we went to see a show at the Original Princess Cinema. It is a strange old building, and as I made my way up the stairs and through the hallways, I felt like I was going through a maze. The floors are creaky hardwood; the seats are comfortable, old, sagging and wobbly; the bathrooms are as cold as an outhouse in Janaury and I love it.

The person we were there to see play was Matthew Barber, and for the entire concert, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

His voice could go from melted butter to hot cinnamon hearts, all in the same song.

When he kindly signed my CD, he seemed to light up a little when I told him my name was Gillian. He let me know that it was also his sister's name, and thought it was a beautiful name.

Can you tell I'm swooning?



No comments: