Friday, October 9, 2015

One Year

It's Autumn. My favourite season.

It feels like moments ago that I was hiding under the broadest brimmed hat I could find, coating myself in sunscreen and dodging from shade spot to shade spot during the hot summer days here.  Now all of a sudden the weather has made a turn toward the bearable.  Temperatures are in the 14-20 degree range (celsius) during the day, the pervasive muggy sticky feeling in the air has abated. Being out of  doors is enjoyable again.

This summer has gone by like a whirlwind, and when I look back on it, it isn't hard to see how.

What I thought would be a quiet, long and hot summer quickly transformed into a busy, short (but still hot) one. We had visitors come to us in June, July and August.  A long drive up the East Coast to and from a lovely New Brunswick wedding with stops in Maine, Massachussets, and Nova Scotia to visit friends and family.

There was a whirlwind weekend trip to Calgary to attend and photograph a wedding.  
I had so much fun photographing this wedding!  I only got misty-eyed 100 times.
A trip to NS to celebrate a large family wedding and visit even more friends happened over Labour Day weekend.  
Group shot of the eve of Sean and Nicole's beautiful wedding.
Thanks for reminding me to take the picture Nicole!
My final trip  of the year just ended with an epic adventure to the Yukon (which I will share more about soon, promise). Dan just got back from a conference in Seattle.  We have both spent a lot of time in airports.

And this was just the summer.  Spring went by quickly. Winter was a bit of a blur, and before winter there was autumn. Last Autumn we had just arrived in Princeton.  The whole year has zipped by. It was our Princetanniversary October 1st.  One year.  It has gone by fast thanks to interesting and flexible employment, all of our many amazing trips, new friends, and every wonderful visitor. While adjusting to all of the "new" in our lives, every piece of mail, every text, every email and phone call from family and friends has made this move not only doable, but enjoyable.  
October 8th 2015 - Photo #4 in our Yearly Photo Project
So, here's to another year!  More adventures, travel and fun (Only 300 or so days until the next wedding I get to attend)  In the short term though, I think I'll stay put for a few months and enjoy the cooler breezes of fall.

1 comment: