Friday, March 6, 2009

How many rich women can you fit in a Starbucks bathroom...

It is a Friday night and I am in downtown Toronto. What am I doing here? Am I going to a musical? A movie? Clubbing? A lecture?

Nope.

I am in Starbucks doing schoolwork. That is just how cool I am.

It is a pretty small cafe, with only 3 tables, and I am right by the door, So I can easily see all the people walking in and out of the cafe.

Four women just walked in... They are dressed to the nines, obviously swimming in money, and are being followed by a cloud of booze-smell.

There is one bathroom for everyone... one room, no stalls... They all make a beeline for the bathroom door. One goes in. Another goes in. A third totters in. The fourth stays outside and doesn't order a thing. A few minutes go by, and then she knocks on the door, says: "It's me!" and they let her in. They are all in this very small bathroom for about 5 minutes together.

I would like to state at this point that it is quarter to eight in the evening. Quite early to be going out on the town.

Eventually, they file out of the bathroom, and un-apologetically continue on their drunken trek through the bar district.

I see a lot of weird things here...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha I wonder if they were snorting something...

Gillian said...

That was DEFINATELY my thought as well.