Sunday, July 19, 2009

My new BFF: Blue Demon


What could possibley be the thing that I would be least likely to do on a weekend visit back to Toronto?

Go to a outdoor, international Lucha Libre match on the Toronto Harbourfront you say?

Why, you are correct!

The wikipedia definition of Lucha Libre is as follows:

Spanish for "free wrestling" or free fighting, Lucha Libre is a term used in Mexico, and other Spanish-speaking countries referring to a form of professional wrestling involving varied techniques and moves.

The crowd around the stage was thick with onlookers. People ranged in age from 2 year olds perched on the shoulders of their parents to the elderly - this was something the whole family could watch. We were a wide range of people, but we all shared a common goal - we wanted to be entertained, and entertained we were.


There are no words to really describe what it was like. I'm not going to even try. All I can say is that I'm planning on going again if it is held next year, but I am staking out a better spot.


No comments: