Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gillian vs. Revolving Door

This past weekend I went to Waterloo. It was a great visit and I came back to Toronto refreshed, rested and revitalized.

I felt pretty much on-top of the world, and the trip back went very smoothly. For the most part.

When I got to Union Station, I had to get onto the Subway. I approached the one way revolving door blissfully. Unknowing of what I was about to endure.

I swiped my metro-pass.
I started going through the door.
The revolving door stopped.
I was stuck.

The space you stand in is very small. I had two bags, One of my bags was STUCK in the door jam behind me. No problem, I'll just go backwards. Not an option. The door was forward only. I squirmed around and I became more stuck. People are walking by and staring.

I am on display like a goldfish in a fishbowl.

Obviously, I got out. But I was so embarrassed, and my cheeks were burning the entire way home. The worst part of the entire story was the fact that I didn't have to go through the revolving door... There were 4 other entry points, with no way to be trapped.

No comments: