Monday, November 3, 2008

My, what a pair of Smashing Pumpkins

I feel as though Billy Corgan would mock this blog post. I wouldn't blame him, I mock myself in doing this as well sometimes. It isn't going to stop me though.

Late last night, I recieved an email from The Hour, saying that there was a last minute pre-taping, and that the newly reunited (The) Smashing Pumpkins were going to be interviewed. I asked around to see if anyone else was able to come - no immediate takers, and so, I replied confirming my own spot. That afternoon, I trekked out, solo, with only a few frames left on my roll of film.

When I got to the CBC building (this was my second time to a taping) I signed in, and completely by accident stood in the front of the line instead of the end. I really did not mean too. The cons: I felt like an asshole. The pros: I was at the front of the line baby!

I wasn't quite at the very front, but that was good because the camera was often in front of the first row and blocking their view for much of the interview (suckers!) I didn't get any super pictures of either of the band members, but cropping can do wonders, don't you think?

A friend of mine said he always pictured Corgan as an arrogant, pompus person. Was he wrong? No. I would add though that he is truly passionate about what he does, why he does it, and he really does not care what other people think.He is just as angry as he was when they first started the band. He is also suprisingly funny, and I laughed outloud when he relaxed about halfway through the show and brought out his biting humour.

As a sidenote, Something suprising that may have not known before? The Smashing Pumpkins love Guitar Hero. Like, serious think it's the best thing to have happened to music in decades.

I'll put up some pictures once I get my film developed.

No comments: