Monday, October 6, 2008

A Simple Sneeze

It is rather late and I am just finishing up some work for class tomorrow. The entire house is quiet. The street outside is empty and dark. I can hear the ticking of the clock across the room and the occassional hum of the refridgerator. I'm almost afraid that my fingers scattering across the keyboard are going to wake my roomate.

From the flat below me, I hear a single solitary sneeze that sounds exactly like my mom's. I stop typing - half thinking that it really is her. This of course is ridiculous.

As silly as it sounds, I am happier knowing that there is a familiar sound nearby. The simple sound of a familiar sneeze is enough to make me feel more comfortable in my surroundings. I am taking what I can get to help make this home, and I think it is working

No comments: